Verb: pootle
poo-t(u)l To move in a leisurely unhurried way,
with no real purpose


Tuesday, 15 January 2019


♥  Sometime soon... ♥


Now, I know we're only in January and I know we could still be faced with an icy,
 snowy blast right up until Easter but already there is a little part of
 me that is willing Spring on.

Don't get me wrong, I love all the seasons and the various stages they go through
 but the January and February period is a tough one isn't it ? 

So, what to do to counteract those somewhat grey days ?
Why, crochet some Spring of course !


From wreaths, to garlands to zingy green hearts the possibilities are endless.
 This Spring Wreath is the one I designed for the Simply Crochet Magazine 2019 Calendar
 and you can find more details here

 ♥

The wreath below is one that I made last year for Crochet Now magazine
 and this is the one that is currently hanging on my kitchen door, willing Spring along. 
You can find more details here.


 ♥

Of course, the flip side of a grey day is a cosy evening in crocheting and if, like me, 
you have a fair few balls of yarn stashed away how about hooking up some
 of these little amigurumi hearts to be strung on to a ribbon ? 
They are simple and quick to make and you can find the pattern here


 ♥

If one thing then leads to another and you find yourself wanting more
 evening crochet projects, what could be more Springy than a little Polar Bear
 dressed up in a Spring Flower crown ?

Originally I designed this bear as a Christmas Polar Bear ( pattern here )
 but with the winter accessories whipped off and some bright pastel flowers added ......


.... ta dah, Spring Bear !
You can find the patterns for tiny flowers and leaves here

 ♥

One of the very first garlands I made was a Spring one. 
It was a combination of both knitted and crochet flowers ( you can find the detail here )
and it still comes out every year to decorate our fireplace. 


♥

So, what Spring crochet have I got planned for this year ?
Well, right now, deep inside my head somewhere, there is a little seed growing for
 a crocheted snowdrop wreath design, 
and anytime soon I just might have to set to with hook and yarn
 and let the idea burst out !

♥


3 comments:

  1. Spring is my favourite time of the year, so much to look forward to. Lovely spring crochet, especially your little bear. Right now I'm contemplating making a blanket, it will keep my lap warm while I'm daydreaming about warmer, cheerier times. Have a great week and Happy New Year. Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog and projects.I made the Star Baby Blanket,thanks.I would love to make a Wreath and oh that adorable Bear.Not enough time and so much Crochet to do lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by - I LOVE receiving your comments and get really excited when I see a new one has been added. I read every single one and try to send a reply whenever I can. ♥