Verb: pootle
poo-t(u)l To move in a leisurely unhurried way,
with no real purpose


Monday 17 December 2018


 


Christmas Blanket   


So, here I am again, its very early in the morning, the house is quiet, 
I have Michael Buble singing along in the background 
and I thought I'd just pop back to say a huge thank you to everyone
 for the amazing response I've had with my Christmas Blanket pattern. 


I did a Takeover on Simply Crochet Magazines Instagram page over
 the weekend and it seems I'm not the only one who likes a good dose
 of Christmassy Christmasness as my blanket,
 which has Christmas by the bucket load, 
received just under 18,000 likes from fellow Christmas blanket lovers ! 
Thank you, I'm completely bowled over, to say the least.

I know some of you have had a bit of trouble finding the link to the pattern
 so I thought it probably deserved a little post all of it's own !


I've had the idea for the blanket ticking away at the back of my head
 since last Christmas as I just fell in love with all of the car and tree decorations
 that seemed to be everywhere.
I finally got around to putting the design together at the beginning
 of November this year and it was really very magical to watch it all come together.

The actual blanket is worked in dc ( UK terms) with bobbles worked
 throughout in a white sparkly yarn. 
The car and trees are then crocheted separately and sewn on to the finished blanket.

 

I then edged the blanket with a simple ruffle in a bright Christmassy red.


I used an aran weight, wool mix yarn so the blanket certainly delivers
 on the warm and snuggly front too !

(The full details of all the yarns and colours I used are all included in the pattern.)

So, here's the link:  Christmas Blanket
Happy blanket making - I hope you enjoy making it as much as I did!



If, after you've finished making your blanket, you have some yarn left
 and you fancy making the complete set you could
 add the Christmas cushion to your blanket too.


This is a free pattern and you can find it over at lovecrochet.com  here


Happy Christmassy crocheting everyone!



1 comment:

  1. Beautifully done, clever you, and the cushion is brilliant too, love it. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by - I LOVE receiving your comments and get really excited when I see a new one has been added. I read every single one and try to send a reply whenever I can. ♥