Verb: pootle
poo-t(u)l To move in a leisurely unhurried way,
with no real purpose


Monday 1 June 2015

The beans can now be spilled !



I have lots of exciting news to tell you all today 
but before even one single bean is spilled I have to start by wishing you all
 a very Happy June !

Let's hope it's going to be sun filled and warm
and that we can all finally get out those flip flops -
 several times now I have vowed that this will be the last wearing of the Uggs
 but I think they are now on their third sneaky reappearance
 because I just can't be doing with cold feet.

(Pinterest)

As is always the way the year seems to be speeding by but I cannot believe
 that I have been keeping my little secret since February. 
I have been wanting to spill the beans for ages and share my excitement with you all
 but the time had to be right .....
and now it is !

I'm sure many of you will have ordered yarn supplies from the brilliant Loveknitting.com


 and eagerly awaited for the postman to deliver your parcel
 that not only arrives incredibly quickly
 but also comes beautifully packaged with all your yarn
 lovingly tucked in to little drawstring bags. 


Well ...... Happy Days ..... now there is a


as well ! 

If you haven't visited the site already I highly recommend that you hot foot
 it there straight away as not only is it packed full of all the yarn you could
 ever wish for but it is also an absolute treasure trove of 
goodies for any crochet lover. 

There is so much crochet inspiration to be had you will find that before you
 know it several hours have passed as you click from idea to idea, 
to free patterns, to crochet features galore in their Blog.

And that is where my little secret comes in ......
  Way back in February the lovely Merion from Lovecrochet sent me an email
 saying that she had been admiring my blog and the things I had been making
 and would I be interested in getting involved with a new blog they were putting together ?

Well, once I'd picked myself up from the floor, composed myself a little
and had a bit of a think I said yes ! 

And here we are 4 months later and I have designed and written 8 patterns
 and tutorials which are all being published on the blog, 
with two already having gone live.

I even have my own little space called 'Crochet with Kate.'
It's all been hugely exciting, more than a little nerve wracking and has absolutely 
pushed my pattern writing and IT skills to their very limit 
- but it has been such fun too !

The first one was released a couple of Saturday's ago and was for my Bobbly Cushion.



You can now find the full pattern and photo tutorial for this over in

I had a practice run first with the grey and cream cushion

 

 and then made it again in some gorgeous Debbie Bliss Cashmerino -



now officially my new favourite wool !

I'm so happy to have been able to tell you all now as it's really been very strange to be
 beavering away on lots of projects but not being able to include you all.
But now I can !
And I hope you'll be able to try out some of the patterns too.


                                     


I'll make sure I tell you whenever a new one is posted and
 at some point I hope to get all the patterns up on my sidebar too.

This last Saturdays post was for my Daisy Blanket but as this post is fast turning into a book


 I'll come back to that next time !

31 comments:

  1. I can't make the crochet address work, I can get onto the knitting one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ruth if you click on any of the links ( in italics and a different colour print ) in my post it should take you there. The web address is www.lovecrochet.com and you see their Blog along the bar at the top. Hope that helps. K xx

      Delete
  2. Wow, congratulations! This is very exciting. Your work is beautiful and I'm very glad you're being recognized. Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant, I'm thrilled for you, it is very well deserved, I am such a fan of your creations. I shall go and have a look at Love Crochet at once. Congratulations! CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many congratulations! That must have been such a wonderful email to receive! Will go and have a look at the site now. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Yes it was Penny - and a big surprise too ! K xx

      Delete
  5. It's about time your talents are being recognised out in the big wide world as well as within just Pootling. Many congratulations Kate well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Mitzi, as always your lovely comments and support mean so much , K xx

      Delete
  6. Well done to you, I love your blog and that your crochet has a style of its own which given the plethora of blogs is quite a skill in itself. I shall not for it over to love crochet with baited breath.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sara, that's such a lovely thing to say, I hope you enjoy the tutorials, K xx

      Delete
  7. How fantastic Kate!!! Congratulations!! I am very excited for you!! Well done. I look forward to seeing and hearing more about it! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Amy, you have always been so encouraging and supportive since Day 1, K xx

      Delete
  8. Hooray hooray! I was so thrilled to read this post, Kate, you have such fabulous style and ideas, I knew it was only a matter of time until you were given an opportunity like this! I can't wait to see more! Lots of love, Chrissie xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely Chrissie - you've been such a supportive bloggy friend right from the very start, K xx

      Delete
  9. Well done Kate - how exciting! Love the bobbles :)
    p.s. - I'm also still in Uggs!
    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations Kate, I'm so glad you've been given this opportunity, you have a distinctive style and I love it. Love these cushions, I've been having a little bobble-fest of my own recently and now I definitely want to make your cushion. Have fun in your new yarny adventure. Love Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jane - I think you've pretty much followed me since day 1 and have provided me with so much inspiration, thank you, K xx

      Delete
  11. Congratulations well deserved recognition. All your items on your blog all look lovely and well made with tender loving care. I need to learn how to crochet and read patterns can only do granny squares, want to make a blanket like your pom-poms one. Well done cannot wait to see what's coming.
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jackie, that's very kind of you. I haven't looked back since the day I learnt to crochet - so can thoroughly recommend it ! K xx

      Delete
  12. Many congrats on your exciting and well deserved news. May you continue to inspire hookers as you have inspired me. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Fiona, I definitely think this land of blogging helps us to all inspire each other, I get so much back from it too, K xx

      Delete
  13. Congratulations, Kate!! Your crochet designs are always both beautiful and perfectly made, and I am not surprised that your talent has been recognised in this way! Well done on your well deserved success. I look forward to visiting the site :)
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Helen, I have always gained so much inspiration from your truly beautiful blog so your kind words mean a lot, K xx

      Delete
  14. Well done you, I aren't surprised at all, you are one talented lady! I have added the cushions on my 'to do' list!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness Kate, I missed this news, hugest congratulations, well done you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Annie - v v v excited about the whole thing ! K xx

      Delete
  16. Hello from Santa Fe, NM, USA.....such creative sweet work.....thank you for sharing all this with us for 2 YEARS!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by - I LOVE receiving your comments and get really excited when I see a new one has been added. I read every single one and try to send a reply whenever I can. ♥