So there I was on Saturday all ready to go with this post,
just a couple of pictures needing to be added, but all pretty much there.
on Sunday this little bundle arrived ...
... and from the minute he arrived that was it ...
absolutely nothing got done !
So, if I may I would like to formally introduce you.
Otto, Everyone. Everyone, Otto.
There's an awful lot of doggy love going on in our house at the moment
as well as quite a lot of sleepless nights
but we are totally in
♥ LOVE ♥
So, coming back to this post, needless to say, all activities were carried out pre-puppy arrival,
which already seems like quite some time ago !
I have to tell you first all about my daisy chain.
This started as a quick little pootle to finish off the lovely Sublime Egyptian Cotton that
I had left over from my cushions.
I have to say that I'm not a huge fan of the smaller, fiddlier crochet projects
but I have loved every minute of this one.
The pattern is one from Ravelry by Claire Maloney that can be found here.
It was a really clear and easy pattern to follow and the daisies worked up so quickly.
Because I wanted quite a solid look to my flowers I joined the petal chain together at the back.
I made the leaves in two different colour greens, and used a strand of each green to make a
double chain to join the daisies together.
I took a bit of time to lay the chain out as it would be once hanging and then it was just a
matter of threading everything on and tying and sewing in all the ends.
And then for the exciting bit ...
off to hang it up.
But it has to be said this didn't go as well as could be expected.
It just kind of went all floppy and wibbly,
quite annoying but certainly nothing to be beaten by
so back to the drawing board I went and I came up with this:
Step 1: A quick trip to the hardware shop to buy some wire.
Step 2: Threading the wire through the back of the chain.
Step 3: A bit of blocking and a quick spray with some ironing starch.
here it is...
hanging on my fireplace, looking all lovely and summery.
I discovered here that its actually really quite tricky to take a picture of something bunting like -
you either have to get up so close that you miss the overall effect, or you have to stand so far back it disappears into the background.
So not the best photo's I'm afraid but you get the general idea.
From crochet flowers to real flowers as it was my turn on the rota this
weekend to do the village church flowers.
I always get a bit nervous about doing the flowers because its not something that I've really
done much of and the thought of lots of people sitting in church checking it out
always brings me out in a bit of a cold sweat.
But flowers bought and with a bit of greenery picked from the garden off I went.
Fortunately once I had removed all the flowers from last week there was still quite a lot of foliage
left which gave me a good shape to work with. Result !
It was so quiet and cool in the church that it really was a very lovely way to spend an
hour on Saturday morning.
I just cut and poked ( thank goodness for oasis ) and cut and poked a bit more
and it just sort of evolved.
Hopefully during the week the yellowy orange lilies will open
out and it should be a big old riot of colour.
Before I go I just have to tell you as well about one of my most favouritest puddings that I made this weekend, blackcurrant flummery - summer in a bowl !
It couldn't be easier as its just blackcurrants, simmered and strained and then sweetened
with sugar and thickened with a little cornflour.
It makes the most deliciously rich fruit jelly you will ever taste.
Its best served cold, with shortbread,
and lots and lots of cream !
Yes, well - what can I say !
Long post today .....
I expect I'm quite probably talking to myself now !
So, I shall be off
as its almost certainly time for a garden visit with little Otto.
Have a lovely week and may the sun continue to shine - lots.