Verb: pootle
poo-t(u)l To move in a leisurely unhurried way,
with no real purpose


Friday 15 September 2017

Adoring Autumn

♥ Adoring Autumn 

Without a doubt, Autumn is my most favourite season of the year 
- I love them all, but I love Autumn just that little bit more !

From the colours outside, to the cosiness inside, to the kitchen treats that lie ahead,
 there's not one bit of it that I don't like.

I even like the rain.


One of the things I look forward to the most is the prospect of snuggling down
 and getting the house looking as Autumnal as possible.


From huge cuddly blankets on the sofa's, to Autumn wreaths and Garlands on doors 
and mantle pieces, there's not one bit of my house that doesn't get the Autumn treatment !


Over the years I have built up a bit of a collection of Autumn garlands - 
the one above was the first one I made and you can find all the details here .
This one still comes out each year, and this year it's hanging in my kitchen.


Autumn garland on the LoveCrochet blog

The second one I made was a pattern for lovecrochet.com and you can find
 the full pattern for it here. This one is quite a simple, rustic looking design.


The lovely thing about putting together a garland is that you can
 just add as little or as much as you want.

   

                              

With an Autumn Garland the choice is huge ,,, from oak leaves and acorns, 
to pumpkins and berries, to mice and hedgehogs ... 
you can totally let your imagination run wild.

If you fancy giving it a go here are a couple of quick and easy patterns
 for my pumpkins and mice.


To make a pumpkin:

Make a chain to the length that you want your pumpkin height to be.
Work rows of DC ( UK terms) in to the back loop only.
Chain 1 and turn at the end of each row.
Make a rectangle, the finished length will be the diameter of your pumpkin.
Fold in half, short edges together, join in DC.
Sew a gathering thread around the bottom, pull up, sew in place.
Turn the pumpkin the right way out, stuff, gather up and sew the top , leaving a small hole for the stalk.
Make a small green rectangle for the stalk. 
Roll up and sew in place, attach to the top of the pumpkin.


To make a mouse:


R 1: Make a Magic Ring and work 4 DC in to the ring.
R 2: *2 DC in next stitch, 1 DC in next stitch*.  Repeat from * to * 1 more time. 6 sts.
R 3: *2 DC in next stitch, 1 DC in each of the next 2 stitches *. Repeat from * to * 1 more time. 8 sts.
R 4: *2 DC in the next stitch, 1 DC in each of the next 3 sts*. Repeat from * to * 1 more time. 10 sts.
R 5: DC 10.
R 6: *2 DC in the next stitch, 1 DC in each of the next 4 sts* Repeat from * to * 1 more time. 12 sts.
R 7: You will be working the two ears in to this round. DC 6, working in to the front loop only of the next stitch, ss, Ch 2, 4 TR, Ch 2, ss. Work 2 DC. Work a second ear. DC 2 . 12 sts.
R 8: DC 12 , making sure that you pick up the back loop behind each ear. 12 sts.
R 9: *2 DC in the next stitch, DC in the next stitch*. Repeat from * to * 2 more times, DC 6. 15 sts.
R 10: * 2 DC in the next stitch, 1 DC in each of the next 4 stitches*. Repeat from * to * 2 more times. 18 sts.
R 11 to 15: DC 18.
R 16: * DC 2 together, 1 DC in each of the next 4 stitches*. Repeat from * to * 2 more times. 15 sts.
R 17: You will be working the tail in to the centre back of this round. * DC 2 together, 1 DC in each of the next 3 sts*. Repeat from * to * 2 more times, and when at the central back point of the mouse work the tail as follows: Chain 18 and starting in the second chain from the hook Sl St back to the start of the chain and Sl St in to the original stitch.
R 18: DC 2 together 6 times. Finish off , leaving a long tail of yarn.
Stuff the mouse and using the tail of yarn run a gathering thread around the bottom of the mouse and pull to close.

Using a small amount of black wool or embroidery thread sew on two eyes.Using white cotton , sew a few loops of cotton through the mouse’s nose, and then snip to make the whiskers.



Happy Autumn !





11 comments:

  1. Hello what colour and wool did you use for the pumpkin please ? Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello blossombudlove- the yarn is by Woollymahoosive, It's Highland Peruvian in the colour Mandarin x

      Delete
  2. Hi Kate nice to see you back here. I have noticed that a few bloggers are retuning to writing again which is no bad thing in my book. I love IG but sometimes it is nice to have more to read...goes with a cosy autumn theme I think��. I love this time of year and your garlands are just the thing to keep the cosy spirit when things get a bit chilly��❄️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sara, it was lovely to revisit my blog this morning- I really enjoyed putting this post together. Maybe it's all the Autumn vibes that drew me back ! Have a lovely weekend x

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely to see you here again.I Love your Autumn crochet,my fav time of year too.the colours are so pretty.I have a thing about Leaves,they are fascinating all those different shapes and colours.Loving your Pumpkin and adorable lil mouse.I must find the time to make some before the kids come knocking at Halloween.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those mice are so cute! I love their little whiskers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love reading your blog. Autumn is a special time, have a great weekend. X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful as ever, and I love the mouse and the autumn leaves. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your blog is fabulous and I'd love to add it to my Bloglovin feed but for some reason can't. I get a no RSS feed message.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by - I LOVE receiving your comments and get really excited when I see a new one has been added. I read every single one and try to send a reply whenever I can. ♥