Verb: pootle
poo-t(u)l To move in a leisurely unhurried way,
with no real purpose


Tuesday 3 December 2013

December is here...

 
My first December post ,
and it's going to start with a photo of the gorgeous Christmas card I received from
 my bestest friend Jane.
 

 Lots of Decembery things happening at work today too.
 

 The Christmas decorations have been dug out of the barn,
our wooden Nativity Crib,
 
 
our two reindeer guarding the  front door
 
 
and the tree is all dressed up and twinkly.
  To finish off, after a quick bit of extreme pruning along the ivy covered fence
 
 
even the railings are
  beginning to look festive


And in my office ... all the lovely little decorations I received through the post from Gilly, my partner in the Christmas Decoration Swap.
Perfectly placed so I can look at them whilst I'm sat at my desk.
 

The postman delivered a lovely package on Thursday ...
 the wool for my hat and scarf.
Just in time for the weekend


  
So, I've made a start.
Not quite the same stitch as in the pattern as try as I might I just couldn't get it neat looking, so I resorted to good old double crochets.
Its crocheting up really nicely with quite a stiff feel which I think should work well for the hood.
I've managed to get hold of the same colour wool but in a DK for the scarf bit as I think it will a bit softer to wear.

Not quite there yet, but I'm whizzing on with it as the days are definitely getting colder in deepest, darkest Wiltshire.
 
 ( This post has taken me aaaaggggggeeeesssss ... is it just my laptop or is there a little Christmas gremlin in Blogger this evening !? )

9 comments:

  1. I love all of the Christmassy touches at your workplace, so welcoming and pretty, and that you can hang up your swap decorations. I hope that you enjoy your crochet, I will look forward to seeing the finished articles! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely and festive Kate...loving the new hat and scarf!! Sarah xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a bit nervous making it as I'm not great at following patterns but fingers crossed for the end result !
      Kate x

      Delete
  3. All very festive Kate. No doubt my youngest will be eager to get the tree out this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything is looking so festive and pretty! That yarn looks gorgeous, and your scarf is going to be just gorgeous too.
    Marianne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything's looking very festive. I love the idea of the ivy on the fence, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All is looking lovely and Christmassy Kate, I especially like the festive railings and love the colour of the new hat and scarf. Have a lovely weekend. Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm loving the yarn you've chosen for your hat and scarf ... it's the kind of colour that goes with everything and yet still gets noticed ... nice choice :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by - I LOVE receiving your comments and get really excited when I see a new one has been added. I read every single one and try to send a reply whenever I can. ♥