Verb: pootle
poo-t(u)l To move in a leisurely unhurried way,
with no real purpose


Thursday 18 July 2013

Tiny birds

♥  Having finished my fairly mammoth first crochet adventure someone suggested that I had a look at a blog called Attic 24  Well, wow ! It was like sweety shop heaven for crochet addicts. 
 Since then I have followed Lucy's blog on a pretty much daily basis. I have loved following her tutorials as I find Lucy really explains things well.
                                         
                                      The first one I tried was her Birdie Decoration.
     
                                           

♥   Lucy has a very different style to me as all of her creations are so colourful and bright, whereas I have found myself always being drawn to the creamy, taupes and sandy shades, but this has been one of the things that I have really enjoyed when ever I have started a new project, as I love seeing how different things can look just by changing the colour combinations.
 So, my birds were very reserved in colour compared to Lucy's, but when I had completed a few they made the perfect addition to a garland I already had hanging in our TV room.

 
♥   When the windows are open and there's a bit of a breeze their little feet jingle!
 
 
                                        ♥ It has to be said I don't think it photo's very well -
                                          I promise it looks a lot better than this in real life!

 
♥ 
 I am still loving this gorgeous sunshine every day but...
 

we still have one very hot cat..

 


and one very hot dog.

♥ 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by - I LOVE receiving your comments and get really excited when I see a new one has been added. I read every single one and try to send a reply whenever I can. ♥